Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Watchmen


Impressions before seeing it
Never read the comic, didn't know anything about the story. But for the most part I do like superhero movies.

How was it?
I love a good opening credits sequence. It's like when they say breakfast is the most important part of the day because it starts you off right. I think the same thing goes for opening titles because they get you really excited to see the rest of the movie when they're done well. Watchmen uses that time to give us a dramatic and moving overview of an alternate history incorporating superheroes into historical moments. Great stuff.

I also have to say that the character development was much deeper than any Marvel Comic movie (and so was the acting). It is a long movie, and maybe that is partly why, but I appreciate that it took the time to tell us through flashbacks who everyone was and how they came to be who they are. With the exception of Dr. Manhattan, however, I'm not sure if any of the other superheroes are actually "super". As far as I know they have no powers and just like to run around saving people while wearing masks and costumes. Maybe that's why they're so likable and easy to identify with.

I don't think I have any complaints about this movie. Story, characters, special effects, action, performances, everything was awesome.

Recommendation
I can't say whether you'll like it if you've already read the comic, but if you like superheroes, SEE THIS MOVIE. It might be the best comic book movie to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!