Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pushing Daisies - Final Episode


Impressions before seeing it
Pushing Daisies was one of the most original and stylish shows on television. Which of course means it was cancelled because everyone would rather watch American Idol and 50 CSI spinoffs. I hate you, general public.

How was it?
Please note that spoilers follow.

I have to say, this episode was a very appropriate ending. It gave us a murder mystery like all of the previous episodes and on top of that it wrapped up the show's remaining loose ends, but not too tightly because creator Brian Fuller intends to continue the story in comic book form.

First of all, I appreciate that they addressed Chuck not being able to tell her aunts that she was alive. I had been thinking about that for a while. They're shut-ins, how is it dangerous for them to know? So that was finally patched up when Ned told Chuck that it wasn't dangerous at all, he was only being selfish.

Also, isn't this the second time the Mermaid Darlings came out of retirement? I'm pretty sure they already did in a previous episode, but I forget why that was cut short. I guess I'll have to go back and watch my DVDs...

The show's final moment was perfect: Ned and Chuck at Vivian and Lilly's doorstep, where the aunts finally get to see their niece alive again, but the reunion is kept short and sweet as we transition to the famous field of bright yellow flowers and our narrator reminds us that this is not an ending, because an ending is just a new beginning. I still hate you, general public.

Recommendation
If you enjoy this show then you should inevitably see the last episode. If you've never seen it but love fresh ideas and a style that is unique, bright, and colourful, then you need to check this show out. I don't think there will be another one like it for a long time, if ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!