Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Road to Perdition


Impressions before seeing it
Tom Hanks as a fedora-wearing hitman? Sounds cool.

How was it?
First off, and I know this may be a tad ludicrous, but I was distracted by the casting of Michael Sullivan's (Tom Hanks) oldest son. When two actors are cast as relatives, I always think about whether they look alike and if I could believe that they share the same genes. This kid doesn't look a thing like Tom Hanks. However, he does look like Ray Liotta, to the point where I kept expecting (wishing, even) for Ray Liotta to appear and say he had sex with Sullivan's wife just so I wouldn't have to complain about the casting.

But apart from that it was a decent film. I was under the impression that Hanks would be playing a villain, but in spite of being a hitman he was still a good guy. I was looking forward to that because I don't think he's ever played a villain (unless The Ladykillers counts, but I don't think many people want to remember that one.)

I didn't really find it exciting though. I liked it, but for a movie about a man and his son fleeing for their lives I didn't feel the sense of urgency. Not sure why (maybe it was Little Liotta). Really liked the ending though, as disturbing as it was.

Recommendation
Now that you've read this, you might get distracted by the Ray Liotta resembance, too. Try to watch it for the well made movie that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!