Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Monday, May 3, 2010

Fireball


Impressions before seeing it
Virtually none, because I'd never heard of it. It was a TV movie from 2009 that I found on TV recently.

How was it?
I don't know how it's possible, but parts of Fireball were great and parts of it were terrible. The movie is about a football player who goes to jail and then when the prison burns down, the steroids in his system react with the fire and he is suddenly able to shoot fireballs at will. Yes, that is one of the terrible parts. In fact any part of the movie that included that character was a big drag due to poor execution, cheesy directing, and bad acting by Aleks Paunovic.

The parts I really enjoyed, however, were the scenes between a fire inspector and a federal marshall (played by Lexa Doig and Ian Somerhalder, respectively) who are trying to chase down the flame-wielding criminal. They played off each other with a lot of fun, witty banter and I felt like their characters were fairly well developed and likable. I usually hate detective shows but I would totally watch a spin-off series about these two solving crimes. Needless to say, I was puzzled that these scenes could be so well written while the Tyler Draven (the criminal) scenes were so cringe-worthy.

Recommendation
It's a shame that there has to be some bad taken with the good, so I'm not sure I can recommend it unless you are one of those people who is okay with turning off your brain to avoid criticizing movie faults. But it's worth a look if you enjoy character interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!