Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Friday, August 28, 2009

The IT Crowd - Season 2


Impressions before seeing it
I very much enjoyed season one and had gotten a peek at season two when I saw the third episode (Moss and the German) a while back on TV. Recently I bought season two on DVD.

How was it?

Once again the DVD menus are awesome. Seriously, they're worth buying just for the menus alone. I love how the episode selection screen is a Mortal Kombat type character select screen, and if you wait patiently you can watch the characters fight each other, and each fight cleverly parallels moments from the show.

As for the show itself, I think I liked season one better. Don't get me wrong, season two is still very solid, but I feel that the first season is stronger overall. The introduction of Douglas as the new boss is actually a welcome addition, as I like his wackiness, especially later in the season, but I look back on episode two as being the weakest (I didn't like it as much as the others for some reason) and I feel that season one has no weak links. But I loved episodes one and three (the latter I discovered is a parody of a disturbing yet true story of a German man who posted an ad on the internet for someone to let him eat them, and even more disturbing is that someone answered and followed through). Maybe it is a good thing after all for this show to have six episodes per season, as it allows the episodes to be written by the same writer and to remain fresh without being drawn out and tired. I'm looking forward to season three, and the Christmas special at the end of the year!

Recommendation
A satisfying follow-up for anyone who enjoyed season one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!