Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Spirit


Impressions before seeing it
Initially I did want to see it because I'm a big fan of Sin City and this looked to be similar. Then I heard it was bad and coincidentally I wasn't as interested anymore. But I gave it a shot, hoping I might like it anyway.

How was it?
I'll just come out with it: what a stinker! While I do like the Sin City type comic art style, this one didn't have much else going for it. The acting was bad and uninspired, except for maybe Sam Jackson, who I'm sure had a blast playing a campy villain; I didn't care about any of the characters at all; some of the one-liners are just plain weird; and I didn't really find the story that interesting either. There are some unintentionally funny moments and some moments that are meant to be funny, and are, but only because they aren't, if that makes sense. I don't even think I have anything left to say about it. It could have been a cool movie, and I don't know whether the source material is to blame, but somebody dropped the ball somewhere.

Recommendation
Pretend The Spirit doesn't exist and go watch Sin City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!