Tallies

Tallies

(some box sets are counted as more than one)
DVDs: 411 | Blu-rays: 624 | Television: 291 | Foreign Language: 91 | Animation: 102
Criterions: 38 | Steelbooks: 36 | Total: 1035

Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Week in Television - Oct. 26-30, 2009

Heroes
I'm not sure I really have anything to say about this week's episode of Heroes. Sororities and fraternities bore me. Tracy Strauss bores me. Samuel Sullivan perplexes me.

Survivor: Samoa
That puzzle looked hard, man. All the pieces, I think, were exactly the same and you had to find a pattern and put them in just the right way... Surprised anyone even got it. It makes me mad that everyone who doesn't trust Russell gets voted off.

Parks and Recreation
This week's episode was very enjoyable. Halloween episodes of TV shows do tend to be fun though. I like how there wasn't really anyone wearing a creative costume, it kind of feels more realistic that way. The "straight guy" costume being the exact same clothes Mark wears was hilarious.

The Office
Michael being a Dick in a Box guy for Halloween makes so much sense given that some of his previous costumes were listed in an earlier season as being "Janet Jackson's boob, Monica Lewinsky (twice), and OJ". Also found the gag about pretending to hang himself to teach kids about suicide to be really funny, and Daryl not knowing what anyone's costume was. Pam and Andy making sales calls was also a fun team to see.

30 Rock
Oh man, so many amazing jokes in this episode! The two dead "celebrities" barely qualifying as real celebrities; Tracy promising to eat a bowl of cherries and some ghost meat in the Pac-Man guy's honour; Jimmy Fallon's self-deprecating jokes about his show; random southerners being played by Jack McBrayer in costume so that they all look like Kenneth... Best episode of the season so far - although, yes, it's only episode three.

Flash Forward
This was a good one. I liked the tension when they met at Mark and Olivia's house and everyone realized Mr. Simcoe was the dude from her flash forward. Dominic Monaghan's character is interesting and I hope we see him more. I don't think it has been addressed that Simcoe looked upset about something in his flash forward before Olivia called to him.

Overall rating for this week's shows: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me back!